Year End Checklist
- Income Statements are required to be finalised by 14 July and will be accessible on MyGov once finalised.
- Eligible Termination Payment (ETP) statements.
- Commonwealth of Australia Government Allowances statements for payments like Newstart, Youth Allowance and Austudy payment statements.
- Pension or Annuity statements.
- Details of interest earned on bank accounts including joint accounts.
- Dividend statements for shares and if sold we need details of the purchase and sale.
- Documentation for sale of any other capital items.
- Details of any rents received and expenses incurred for Rental Properties.
- Details of any employee share schemes entered into.
- Details of any other income received.
- Work-related car expenses including petrol, repairs, registration, insurance, tyres, parking, work kilometres travelled and logbooks.
- Work-related travel expenses.
- Work-related uniform, occupation-specific or protective clothing, laundry and dry cleaning.
- Work-related self-education expenses.
- Any other Work-related expenses (e.g. union fees, subscriptions, sun protection, etc.)
- Details of charitable gifts and donations made over $2. (Lottery & raffle tickets are not tax-deductible).
- Non-employer sponsored superannuation contributions and those made on behalf of your spouse.
- HELP debt details.
- Spouse’s taxable income including Centrelink Statements, date of birth and tax file number.
- Children’s names and dates of birth, especially newborns.
- Personal superannuation contributions
- Copies of Activity Statements, if you have prepared your own.
- Details of any child support payments or receipts.
- Private Health Statements
Common Errors in Income Tax Returns
Omitted or incorrect details of:
- Interest income
- Dividend imputation credits
- Capital gains or losses